Yesterday I received my Jazz Bridge Calendar for 2009. And the month May shows my contribution to the calendar. It's a photograph of Archie Shepp I made in May this year on the International Jazz Festival in Middelburg.
Untill a few months ago I had never heard of Jazz Bridge. Board member and jazzmusician Suzanne Cloud told me all about it.
About Jazz Bridge
The Jazz Bridge Project is a nonprofit organization established by a group of caring Philadelphia jazz musicians and fans dedicated to assisting professional Delaware Valley jazz musicians and vocalists in times of crisis by providing confidential and caring support in keeping with their personal dignity. Through donations, grants, and music bookings, Jazz Bridge will assist those coping with emergencies involving health, legal, financial, personal and professional needs, building an awareness of the local jazz sound and the community of musicians who make it.
Help Jazz Bridge be the bridge between the music makers and the people who love and appreciate this music.
If you are a local jazz musician who needs help, please call 215-517-8337 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide emergency financial assistance regarding health,
housing, legal issues
- Provide for “Final Needs” – burial, cremations, survivor’s hardship
- Provide a resource center for community members and their families to access information on low-cost health and legal assistance, pro bono/sliding-scale professional services, and organizations that provide answers to problems that uniquely pertain to musicians.
- To establish a permanent assisted-living facility where basic physical and artistic needs are met for older and ailing jazz musicians.
- This facility would also provide short-term residencies for musicians whose circumstances would otherwise force them into homelessness.
The assisted-living, continuing care facility would also serve as a meeting place, a haven for mentorship, a rehearsal space, and recording studio. Volunteers and paid staff would provide the needed services for an enhanced quality of life for the residents.
Jazz Bridge Project
3008 Limekiln Pike
Glenside, PA 19038
NOW you can get your Jazz Calender HERE !